Saturday, September 1, 2012

One Skein Cowl Project

Here is one of my latest projects, a very quick but fun one to put together.  This is the Moebius Cowl, by Michelle Hunter.  As far as I know, this is only available at Knitting Temptations in Dublin, Ohio.  If you’re interested in the pattern, send me an email and I can help you purchase it through the store.
I made this with Schulana Silverstar yarn, which is incredibly soft.   If you’re looking for a fast, easy project, you can’t go wrong here!



The photos aren’t very clear.  Unfortunately, I still haven’t figured out the art of great (or even somewhat clear) photos and may have to start outsourcing that to someone better!  So, to describe this a bit since it may not be clear, this is made by knitting it like a scarf, binding off, and then twisting it once before joining the two ends.  The twist adds interest to this, making it stand out from just a regular scarf or a normal 'in the round' cowl. You can do this as a regular scarf as well, but I thought it looked great as a cowl.  Also, doing it this way keeps it at a one skein project, which is a good diversion from what I knit most of the time.
I’m working on some new designs that I’ll post soon.  An iPhone case (which will be available on Ravelry soon) as well as a cowl and a sock pattern, which are both in the works now.  I'm dabbling in cables right now, trying to learn different techniques.  I took a class at a knitting convention, and I'm eager to apply what I learned there.  More to come soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment