Monday, September 10, 2012

First Design

I'm trying to get into designing patterns.  I frequently find that I have a visual in my head for how I want something to look, but have trouble finding an existing pattern that matches the picture in my head.  As I learn more about knitting and creating charts, all I want to do is get the visuals in my head out and on paper so I can make it.  Below is my first shot at this.

Knit iPhone Case

Many of the cases I could find online had one end open, with just a string around the button.  I'm pretty klutzy (therefore also paranoid about dropping things), so I'm too afraid that it would fall out that way.  I wanted to create a case that folded over, making it less likely to be damaged/fall out. 

This is made with Austermann Royal yarn, in a darker blue than is showing up in the picture.  The button is a vintage one I found among several boxes of buttons I received from a relative.  This is a mock cable pattern, so it's easy to knit but still fun to put together.

I would love to have people try this out and let me know what they think.  If you're interested in the pattern, I have it on Ravelry for $1.00 (Mehan212 Ravelry Store).  Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment