Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Slippers

I was recently commissioned to make someone a pair of slippers.  She found the picture on Etsy (AMAZING site - if you're not already hooked on this, check it out) and asked if I could make them, so of course I had to take that challenge!  These are based on a pattern by Eline (sold in her Etsy store). 



This is made using garter stitch and Brioche stitch.  The Brioche stitch is for the sides, and made them very squishy and cozy!  To add further to the 'comfort' factor, I made these using Simplicity by HiKoo, and some cute buttons I found at my local yarn shop.   I know so many people who adore this yarn and this pattern was my opportunity to finally use it.  Now that I have, I'm searching for another project just so I can use it again!  It's a DK weight yarn, and is versatile and durable enough to make a slipper that will hold up to walking and heavy use.  It's generally versatile in other ways too, but seemed especially suited for what I was looking for with this project.  I've also seen some gorgeous shawls and blankets made with Simplicity, so look it up on Ravelry sometime for some great ideas. 

I'm trying desperately to use up my stash yarn right now.  I have SO much that I'm running out of room to store the rest!  The problem is, as soon as I used enough yarn to empty a drawer in one of my many multi-drawer carts, I started thinking about what else I wanted to buy.  And the cycle continues! 

My goal now is to get my Ravelry notebook updated with the projects I'm currently working on, including a pair of socks, an Entrelac scarf, another 'bag of irony' (see earlier post), a bulky shawl, and a couple attempts a fingerless mitts.  Next posts, the baby blanket I just finished, and a couple more patterns I'm writing that will be available for free on Ravelry.  I hope to start posting more than once a week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment